Saturday, February 22, 2014

My view on the new cradle of filth vs the old cradle of filth

Has the world gone mad when the same band that got you into the darker sides of metal has potentially sold out?? What has the world come to? Is the sky falling and hell freezing over? If so somebody light a freaking match down there and rekindle the flame because I am positive the Cradle Of Filth has sold out to the mainstream. When I was a young child around the age of 12-13 I began my journey through metal, exploring the different sounds and the genres, some bands to me just sounded like a hippie playing an electric guitar, some told a story of sadness and anger, some however hit me in the heart and light a flame in my soul, cradle of filth was to this day one of my favorite bands, and no matter what I will still be a fan of them however I am sickened to say that they have figuratively sold out. Let me explain, when I first heard of Cradle Of Filth the very first music video I ever say of them was Scorched Earth Erotica. I have to admit I was repulsed by what I seen in the video yet I for some odd reason felt that I somehow found my home in the world of metal. I over time went on to explore different kinds of metal along with the new sounds and bands that came along however Cradle Of Filth with their melodic ways of telling a story with high pitched screams and death growls (as i call them) along with the melodies continued to intrigue me. However fast forward nearly 11-12 years and here I am thinking like WHAT THE FU*K!!!!!!!!!! I watched the Foetus of a new day kicking and here I am feeling betrayed. Instead of telling a story in the valedictorian fashion like they usually do I see a bunch of women dancing like whores on a tank, figuratively selling out to the sexploitation industry. Cradle guys What the fuck man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment